For use when confirming a booking. To be read, signed and copy returned.
MELVILLE LODGE, ARNS, CUMBERNAULD, GLASGOW, G67 3JW, SCOTLAND
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE AGREEMENT TO HIRE MELVILLE LODGE AS A HOLIDAY HOUSE. (The Terms and Conditions relating to the hire of Melville Lodge as a holiday house are subject to change. Changes are at the discretion of the owners).
1. Prices quoted at time of booking will be maintained where possible, unless changes are made which are out-with the control of the owners.
2. Bookings will not be accepted from anyone under the age of 21. The person signing these Terms and Conditions confirms that he/she is included in the booking and is authorised to accept the terms and conditions on behalf of all other persons included in the booking. The owners of Melville Lodge reserve the right to decline a booking. No reason needs to be given. Melville Lodge will be occupied by no more than six persons, unless by arrangement with the owners, and used only as normal residential accommodation in a manner which will preserve the amenity of the neighbourhood and avoid nuisance or inconvenience to neighbours. By entering into the booking arrangement, all guests agree to occupy Melville Lodge as a holiday house for the duration of the agreed period and not as an assured tenancy by virtue the provisions of Section 12 (schedule 4 paragraph 8) of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988. The total number of guests in any party will be agreed at the time of booking and the owners must give consent should the hirer wish to invite guests to Melville Lodge during the hire period. No invited guest is permitted to stay overnight in Melville Lodge. The owners of Melville Lodge will be entitled to request that all guests vacate the property immediately should the number of guests exceed the agreed number.
Please note: The person with responsibility for booking the hire of Melville Lodge and/or signing a copy of this terms and conditions agreement, also assumes responsibility for the condition of Melville Lodge and its contents during the hire period. This responsibility extends to any damage and breakages that occur during the hire period. A returnable deposit of £100 per week to cover costs in the event of damage or breakages is due on arrival (see No. 3 below for details).
3. A returnable deposit of £100 per week to cover costs in the event of damage or breakages is due on arrival. There will be an inspection of the property by both parties together on arrival and before departure. This will ensure that both parties are satisfied with the condition of the property before and after the hire period. Damages and/or breakages caused by guests must be reported to the owners of Melville Lodge and paid for in full. Please note that it may be necessary for the owners of Melville Lodge, along with specialist trades personnel, etc. to access the property for repair or maintenance purposes. Where possible, reasonable notice will be given.
4. Weeks normally run from Saturday to Saturday, from 4p.m. on the arrival date to 10a.m. on the departure date. The owners will try to accommodate guests for whom this arrangement is unsuitable.
5. The owners will meet with guests on arrival and again twenty-four hours after arrival in order to ensure satisfaction. There will be a further meeting before departure.
6. A deposit of £100 per week is payable at the time of booking in order to secure the arrangement. All deposits are non-refundable. In the event of a cancellation, details must be confirmed, in writing, to the owners of Melville Lodge as soon as possible.
7. The owners of Melville Lodge reserve the right to refuse entry to the premises to any person or persons who, in their opinion, are not suitable to take full responsibility of the property. In this event, a full refund will be provided. The owners will not be held liable in these circumstances.
8. The property will not be altered or adapted in any way. Guests do not have access to the locked storeroom, the loft or to the propertys electrical cupboard. Guests must contact the owners immediately if there is electrical power failure. Contact details will be provided for 24 hour assistance.
9. Any conduct, which in our opinion as owners of the property is inappropriate, and/or a material breach and which does not cease immediately on being asked to do so, will oblige you to vacate the house at once.
10. The property will not be sublet in whole or in part. The property will be kept secure at all times during the hire period and keys will be returned to the owners of Melville Lodge in accordance with instructions.
11. The property will be kept clean and tidy at all times.
12. No claims will be made against the owners of Melville Lodge in the event of cancellation caused by circumstances out-with their control e.g. fire. The property is to be used for holiday purposes only and for the period agreed between the owners and the hirer. Details of the agreed hire dates to be provided in this document, where indicated. Guests shall vacate the property at the end of the agreed hire period without further warning, demand or other process of law.
13. The owners of Melville Lodge cannot and do not accept any responsibility or liability for any theft, loss, damage, illness, accident or injury suffered by any person or persons arising from any cause whatsoever during their stay in and around Melville Lodge, or as a result of participation in any activity at all. By signing this agreement, you acknowledge that neither you nor any other occupant or visitor will have any claim against the owners of Melville Lodge for any theft, loss, damage, illness, accident or injury, which includes all vehicles used by any person or persons during the hire period. You are strongly advised to ensure that your own insurances afford appropriate cover.
14. Guests who use their own electrical appliances/devices/equipment within Melville Lodge during their stay, do so entirely at their own risk and are fully responsible for any damage or harm caused as a result of this use.
15. Melville Lodge operates a No Pets policy because of its rural location and with respect for local wildlife and farm animals. Crowbank Kennels and Cattery operates less than one mile away.
16. The primary emergency exit route is through the front door leading to the driveway and should be used by all guests as a priority. This route is signed. There is also a back door in the property. There is an alternative emergency exit route, specifically for guests who require to evacuate the building from the downstairs bedroom, should it be impossible to utilise the primary emergency exit route. This alternative emergency exit route is through the emergency exit window to the rear of the downstairs bedroom. External fire escape ladders are located on the outside wall adjacent to the window to assist with the short descent to the ground. This route is also signed and information about using this route is provided adjacent to the emergency exit window in the downstairs bedroom. For reasons of health and safety, the downstairs bedroom should not be occupied by any person who is unable to use this alternative emergency exit route (emergency exit window and external fire escape ladders) or by the very young. All guests are expected to fully familiarise themselves with the primary emergency exit information, which is displayed on the notice board and in each bedroom, and the alternative emergency exit information provided in the downstairs bedroom. Guests are required to read the Fire Folder relating to Melville Lodge. There is a fire blanket and a fire extinguisher located in the kitchen / dining room. Fire fighting equipment must only be used if guests are appropriately trained to do so. The property of Melville Lodge has a No Smoking policy. No flammable materials or naked flame of any kind are permitted in or on Melville Lodge e.g. candles, etc. Fireworks are not permitted. The Rayburn cooker and the open fire in the sitting room are not operational.
17. Electricity, oil, bed linen and towels are included. Alternative bedding is available.
18. The Lodge will be cleaned once a week, by arrangement, and fresh sheets and towels will be provided at this time. It is important that the Lodge and its contents are tidy for this to be carried out effectively and efficiently.
19. The business which lets Melville Lodge is currently not registered for VAT in the UK and, as such, all prices quoted are not subject to any additional charge for UK VAT.
20. The balance of the total amount payable is due one month before the arrival date. If full payment is not received by this time, it will indicate that you wish to cancel your holiday. As intimated, the deposit of £100 per week, payable at the time of booking in order to secure the booking arrangement, is non-refundable.
N.B. The owners of Melville Lodge work hard to achieve and maintain guest satisfaction. In the unlikely event of dissatisfaction, please contact the owners immediately in order to provide them with the opportunity to rectify the situation.
The owners of Melville Lodge consider that this information is correct and do not accept any liability for any misunderstandings or resulting errors that may occur.
When you have read the information above and if you are in full agreement with the Terms and Conditions set out in the document, please complete the section below, signing where indicated and return to:
Irene Thorburn, Melville Lodge, Arns, Cumbernauld, Glasgow, G67 3JW, Scotland
Number of guests in the party...................
(Block Capitals), agree to the Terms and Conditions as detailed above in respect of the hire of Melville Lodge, Arns,
Cumbernauld, Glasgow, G67 3JW as a holiday house for the period from and
.........(Arrival Date) until